DID YOU KNOW? Gyms have been reclassified as “other businesses” in the current public health order red-to-green framework. This means our facility can operate (while in the red) at 25% capacity or 75 members, whichever is smaller.
Here at The Family Y, we have chosen to operate at less than 25% capacity since we initially re-opened in June. We have moved equipment and created room limits to provide the maximum amount of social distancing that our facility will allow. Because we have chosen to operate at slightly less than 25% of our capacity, our members will not see any additional facility restrictions as the color-code of the county changes. We hope that you can rest assured we are doing our best to keep you safe and keep our facility open for use.
The safety of our members, participants and staff continues to be our number one priority.
Y staff will continue with Covid-19 safe protocols including hourly disinfection, hand sanitation stations, rigorous ongoing cleaning, and enforcing mandatory mask-wearing. Details can be seen here.
Highlights to the reopening include:
• The Y's open hours will be Monday-Friday, 5:30 am-8 pm; and Saturday-Sunday, 10 am-5 pm
• For now, the facility will operate at 25% capacity
Areas and rooms will have posted capacities to support distancing
• Masks are required at all times
• Members must wipe down equipment before and after each use
• Members need to bring in and take out daily their own stretching mats
• No-touch water bottle filling stations are available, but not fountains
• Racquetball courts are available. Reservations required, call 662-3100
• Open climbing wall hours are currently Tuesdays: 6:30pm-8pm, Wednesdays: 11:30am-1pm, Thursdays: 5pm-8pm
We also will be offering a schedule of live and virtual group fitness classes, schedule is online at www.laymca.org.
• In person fitness classes require masks and distancing, bring your own water
WHAT'S CLOSED FOR NOW
• Open Gym activities
• Saunas and showers
• Child Watch
We look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for your continued support and membership, for being a part of our Y family.
From The Membership, Wellness and Administrative Staff of The Family YMCA